• Welcome to ozVolks.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozVolks.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Roof Leaks after a GIO roof repair

PostMark

My 1 year old EOS was damaged in the Xmas Day hail storms in Melbourne. Every non glass panel in the roof had to be replaced and the repairer by their own admission had aquite a time getting the roof back on. It took them 14 weeks to attempt to repair it.

When I come to wash the car no less than 5 seals leak - not weep - water actually pours in.

Here is the YouTube Video
http://youtu.be/Wd7lLGAkE4o

The roof was signed off by GIO (2 Managers), MotorCraft, Bell Collision Care, and VW Epping.

GIO are intemating that running a hose over the car is an unfair test and caused the leeks. But I cleaned the EOS every week using the same hose - no leaks!

It seems that Suncorp/GIO want to have another go at repairing it. Any advise?

Lifetime guarantee on repairs - so they say.

If you don't get satisfaction from them, you need to raise it with Consumer Affairs - Depending what state you are located in (fill in your profile!), I would also ask assistance from the NRMA / RACQ bosies if you are a member, they can be seen as "independent experts".

Good luck!

Ring up GIO and ask to speak to somebody about a complaint... Tell them about the video....

alternatively, go in to a GIO branch and ask to speak with the manager.... In my experience, it's always better to see somebody in person...

Threaten to take em to the Small Claims Tribunal and have the forms filled in when you go see them. Also the Fair Trading Ombudsman. Was the only way I could get something done with a company here. When I showed them the form I had filled in, the relented and fixed their stuff-up very quickly. But I suppose if the are willing to have another go at fixing it, then that may be the answer.

Back