• Welcome to ozVolks.com If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Rules by clicking the hyperlink.

Note that you are required to register before you can post.

If you experience a problem logging in, drop me an email to admin@ozVolks.com and I'll sort it out for you.

To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

VW Newby - Can U help with some Questions?

Bernie

Hi

I am new to the VW Group, having recently purchased an EOS TFSI.
I am very happy with the vehicle, and am a compulsive tinker, as i like to (mildly) customise my vehicles to suit personal tastes.

Can anyone help with the following?

Workshop Manual.
I have visited the VW Erwin site, but this is problematic as only printouts of manuals are available & would require 1000s of pages. I would love to get my hands on a comprehensive electronic manual (pdf?) for all aspects of the vehicle. Any thoughts?

Systems Programming:
I understand that many of the systems in the EOS are programmable, and I believe there may be several aftermarket software programs in the marketplace (VAG-Com, AutoLogic to name a few). Does anyone have any experience with this?
More on this subject, can anyone point me to a list of (dealer/aftermarket) programmable features for this vehicle.

Daytime Running Lights:
Yes, I know these are controvertial, but as my vehicle is shadow blue in colour (quite dark), I would like to fit (preferably LED) DRLs. Hella have some kits, and I have found some mention of VW DRLs on the web, but can find no reference in Erwin. I suspect that some overseas models may have them. And Yes, I know I could just turn on the headlights, but I'd like something a bit more sophisticated. Any thoughts?

Enough for now. Would greatly appreciate a helping hand.

cheers

Bernie

Welcome Bernie :)

Do you have any pictures of the Eos ?

Guy maybe able to help you out or point you in the right direction ;)

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks Ben

Guy and Alex @ Harding have been very helpful to date. I have had the engine chipped, and Alex trial fitted a Golf V Brembo brake kit for me (it fits!!). Now I'm just waiting on confirmation of caliper clearance for the wheels I want to fit. I'll post some photos when the wheels & brakes are on.

regards

Bernie

Back